Thursday, July 12, 2007

Lean Cuisine's Chicken Carbonara

From the box: "Roasted chicken tenderloins with bacon and mushrooms over linguini". This offering from Lean Cuisine is really good. There's just enough bacon flavor to satisfy and the chicken is consistently good. My only complaint is that there could be more chicken. I'm often confused about whether convenience meals like this are supposed to be a meal in and of itself, or if you are supposed to eat them with other things. Personally, I'd rather have a higher caloric meal that's more filling, than having to cook the meal, have a salad, fruit or something else. It'd be great if each meal had different levels- say a 250 calorie version and a 450 calorie version. I realize, for the sake of having a variety of products, this probably isn't possible, but it'd be nice. But, the Chicken Carbonara gets my vote for yumminess.

No comments: