Monday, October 15, 2007

Lean Cuisine's Lemongrass Chicken, Lemon Chicken

I'm reviewing these together, even though they're a little different (ok a lot different). The Lemongrass Chicken gets a partial "ick" from me- the lemon is good, chicken, rice and veggie mix- all good. But the "grass" part of the lemon? Lemongrass is exactly what it sounds like- lemony and grassy. It's got a strange aftertaste that I didn't enjoy, so probably wouldn't eat again. If you like lemongrass, however, you'll like this dish. I didn't have any other complaints but that.

Now the Lemon Chicken I actually like quite a bit. The chicken is breaded and it comes with brown rice and veggies- all good. The lemon gives it a nice, clean taste and works well with the entire dish (and you'll want to make sure to leave some of the sauce for the rice too). It's definitely yummy!

1 comment:

Ann (aka Momsterontherun) said...

You are right on. I bought the lemongrass by accident, because I love the lemon. I will be more careful from now on!