Monday, June 4, 2007

Lean Cuisine's Chicken Fried Rice

I've gotten this convenience meal a few times now and always forget that I have a problem with it. It's not in the flavor (a lite soy sauce type flavor), or the vegetables (peas and carrots), it's with the chicken. Nearly every single piece has some sort of grizzle in it, which makes me want to puke. I'd rather have processed rib meat that's free of any hidden fat.

Could just be my bad luck. I've had this happen with other frozen dinners, but not usually every time. It's too bad, because it does taste good, but all but one piece of chicken had some sort of nasty fat in it.

Final Verdict: Taste is good, but proceed with caution. If you've had a similar experience with this product, leave a comment!

2 comments:

Robin said...

Hi, I find the chicken in all the Lean Cuisine Dinners is not always good. Most every dinner I have had that has chicken in it some of the chicken seems okay and some of the chicken seems like it was on the verge of going bad.

Sometimes I take the chicken out of the meal and add vegetables.

It is a shame that Lean Cuisine doesn't use better standards for the chicken they use in the dinners. Maybe they should think about making a larger variety of meatless dinners.

Margaret said...

It's not just the Chicken Fried Rice. The chicken in every Lean Cuisine dinner I have had in the last few months has had a nasty taste.

I had a Lean Cuisine Chicken Primavera last night. The meat in it did not taste like chicken. It had a strong gamey flavor, similar to how I imagine a goat might taste.

I wonder if they're packaging these dinners in China?